Sunday, August 3, 2008

Re-Welcome - Michigan Energy Leadership

After careful exploration of the blogosphere I recognized that my current blog direction will not fulfill a need as I would like it to. There are several existing blogs that offer tips on how to lead a more sustainable lifestyle, most notably Ideal Bite and TreeHugger. I started exploring alternative topics that are interesting to me and also fill an untapped niche. After surveying my interests it hit me on the head like a windmill blade (well...not quite that hard!) Energy! I am very interested in sustainable energy technologies, the economics of energy, implications on society, and more. As a Michigan resident I am particularly interested in ways Michigan can jump start its economy and pursue a clean energy future. Wala - Michigan Energy Leadership. Still spells MEL, but is more unique. I will periodically throw in some 'Environment,' 'Economics,' and 'Entrepreneurship' to really encompass the 'E' for 'Everything!' The plan will also be to expand to 'Midwest' in the future.

I hope this blog will provide a source of information for those interested in sustainable energy particularly in Michigan/Midwest and create a network of readers passionate about making positive change!

Stay tuned for more on MEL!